Step 1 - Admission requirements
Thank you for your interest in the HSV International Primary School. On this page you can find essential information about our admission process in the International Department.
The International Department admits children from 4 till 11 years of age across four locations in the centre of The Hague. Our school fee for the 2019-20 school year is set at €5,250 per child.
Please note, the Admissions Department of the International Department does NOT handle applications for the Dutch Department’s bilingual program. If you wish to enrol your child into the Dutch Department, click here. Please note that the Dutch Bilingual program is intended only for Dutch families who are permanently residing in The Netherlands.
Admission requirements for the International Department stipulate that children must be:
- either of non-Dutch nationality with parents working temporarily in the Netherlands;
- of Dutch nationality, returning to the Netherlands having already received international education in English for at least two years and need to continue their education in English;
- or of Dutch nationality, expecting to leave the country within two years, where the child will attend an international or English speaking establishment.
Children may be admitted at any time during the school year subject to the availability of places.
Step 2 - First Contact
Contact the school by submitting a Registration of Interest form if you require additional information. Once we have received this form, we are happy to answer any specific questions you may have. If you are ready to apply, you can skip to Step 3.
Step 3 - Admission Application
When you are ready to apply to the HSV International Primary School, please complete the admissions application and the relevant supplementary forms through our admissions portal. You will also be asked to provide:
- A copy of your child’s passport
- Copies of your child’s most recent school reports (if applicable)
- Confirmation that your child qualifies for admission to the HSV. This could be a copy of your contract or a letter from your employer.
Your application will be reviewed once all items above are provided. No interview is required as part of the application process.
Step 4 - Application Processing Fee
Only once the Application Processing Fee of €150 per child is paid can we proceed with the application. It is a one-off payment to cover the costs of the admission process. This fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee a place at the HSV, nor does it form part of the school fees. Please check that your child meets the admissions criteria before submitting the application form and making the payment.
Payment can be made to:
Name of bank: ABN-AMRO
Address of bank: Gustav Mahlerlaan 10, 1082 PP Amsterdam
School Account: IBAN: NL87 ABNA 0245720170
Make Payable to: Stg. Haagsche Schoolvereeniging, Admissions International Department.
Please make reference to the name of your child and the invoice number.
Step 5 - Confirmation
- The Admissions Office will acknowledge receipt of your application by email and on the admissions portal.
- Once all checklist items have been completed, your child will be wait listed.
- At all times you will be able to track your application status through our Admissions Portal.